[Slackbuilds-users] 32-bit fails

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 05:49:50 UTC 2022

Paz, 2022-03-27 tarihinde 11:24 -0400 saatinde, B. Watson yazdı:

> Grrrr. Ignore all that I said in that email. It doesn't actually
> work, we would need a newer glibc for that.
>
> I was looking at the manual for glibc-2.35, but our glibc is 2.33.
>
> And I thought it worked because I was doing my test compile in the
> wrong terminal: *not* the one for my 32-bit chroot. Of course my test
> program said sizeof(time_t) is 8, I was running it on 64-bit.
>
> On an *actual* 32-bit Slackware 15.0 system, sizeof(time_t) is
> still 4 bytes (32-bit), regardless of any -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
> -D_TIME_BITS=64 stuff.

That was what I meant having 32 bit hardware. Chroot wont help you.
Kernel is still 64 bit and there are differences between running under
32 bit and 64 bit kernels. The second best way is to create a full 32
bit installation under an emulator. The best way is of course having a
32 bit slackware installed on a partition and booting into it. But
emulator is the second best thing and will do.

Regards,
Ozan