[Slackbuilds-users] DevIL - Does not Compile when nvidia-texture-tools is installed

Konrad J Hambrick kjhambrick at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:42:19 UTC 2022

On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 4:33 PM Dave Woodfall <dave at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> > On 22/05/22 14:46,
> > Konrad J Hambrick <kjhambrick at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> > > All --
> > > I emailed the maintainer on May 12 but have received no reply.
> > > Below is the email I sent.
> > > The Punchline is that the DevIL SBo will not compile on my Slackware64
> > > 15.0 + Multilib System when the nvidia-texture-tools SBo is installed.
> > > The simplest fix is to turn off nvidia-texture-tools via a cmake Config
> > <snip># ---v from my original email to yth:
>  # ---v from my original email to yth:

> > Is this the best place to post such info ?
> > > Thanks everyone !
> > > -- kjh
> > This is the right place, usually we accept patches as attachments,
> > but if this only the one flag.  I can take a look this week.
> > We don't support multilib though, so do you know if it fails still on
> > a non-multilib full 15.0 installation?# grep usr/include/nvcore/Memory.h
> /var/log/packages/*
>

> /var/log/packages/nvidia-texture-tools-2.1.2-x86_64-1_SBo:usr/include/nvcore/Memory.h
>

> It still fails on pure 15.0.  The error I get is a missing
> mvcore/Memory,h which was included in nvidia-texture-tools
> but isn't in the version on SBo or the latest.
>
> > Link to blog post on sending patches:
> > https://slackblogs.blogspot.com/2022/03/how-to-send-patches-to-sbo.html.
>
> Interesting catch Dave.

I DO have nvidia-texture-tools version 2.1.2 installed but I modified the
SBo to install the 'missing' files from /usr/include/nv*/

I mentioned in my original email that I installed the latest version of
nvtt to see if that fixed the DevIL SBO.

# ---v from my original email to yth:
I changed the nvidia-texture-tools CMakeLists.txt so that the header files
are installed in /usr/include/{nvtt,nvthread,nvmath,nvimage,nvcore}/
as well as installing nvconfig.h
# ---^ from my original email to yth:

ick.  What a mess.

I'll remove my modified nvtt ; reinstall the official
nvidia-texture-tools.SlackBuild and see what happens with the additional
cmake flag in the DevIL.SlackBuild:

   -DIL_USE_DXTC_NVIDIA=NO

-- kjh