[Slackbuilds-users] Kodi doesn't build anymore (fmt)

Martin Schmidt martin.schmidt13 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 17 06:39:23 UTC 2022

> I'm the maintainer and already submitted a fix, I just screwed up and left an extra command in the SlackBuild, so I'll be resubmitting later today.

> Is there a reason you messaged the mailing list instead of me directly (or at least cc'ing me in this message)? In general, you should always message the maintainer as not all of them are subscribed to the mailing list.

Sorry Jeremy if this wasn't the right way of doing things in this matter. I didn't want to offend you.
I'm not so experienced and i puzzled the whole sunday to find the solution.  I've overlooked that there was already https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/media-tv/kodi/files/kodi-19.4-fmt-9.patch

I think we have the problem since end of august:
https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/commit/?id=cbaa7c652637966c09ee71a418fc3d96323a052e

So my intention was to inform the other users that there is already a solution to this problem so that they can deal better and do not waste so much time as i :-(

But next time i inform the maintainer first - sorry for the inconveniance :-)