[Slackbuilds-users] Unable to build PyQtWebEngine: PyQt5.QtCore import failed

Wen-Wei Kao ltlnx.tw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 14:01:34 UTC 2022

Hello,

I was trying to build anki from SBo, and it has a dependency "PyQtWebEngine".
However when trying to build it, I get the following error:

Error: Unable to import PyQt5.QtCore. Make sure PyQt5 is installed.
Error: build failed.

A quick search on the net doesn't reveal anything. I tried upgrading pip and
reinstalling the official PyQt5 package, but nothing worked. Has anyone
encountered this error? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Wen-Wei Kao (ltlnx)