[Slackbuilds-users] Unable to build PyQtWebEngine: PyQt5.QtCore import failed

Dave W dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Oct 22 14:38:12 UTC 2022

On 22/10/22 22:01,
Wen-Wei Kao <ltlnx.tw at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> Hello,
> I was trying to build anki from SBo, and it has a dependency "PyQtWebEngine".
> However when trying to build it, I get the following error:
> Error: Unable to import PyQt5.QtCore. Make sure PyQt5 is installed.
> Error: build failed.
> A quick search on the net doesn't reveal anything. I tried upgrading pip and
> reinstalling the official PyQt5 package, but nothing worked. Has anyone
> encountered this error? Thanks in advance.
> Cheers,
> Wen-Wei Kao (ltlnx)

There is a problem that python3-Flask-Cors is missing from the
dependencies.  I will add it and let the maintainer know.
But it seems to be a different error to yours.

The full list of dependencies should now be:

protobuf3
python3-waitress
python-zipp
python-importlib_metadata
click
python3-itsdangerous
werkzeug
Flask
python3-Flask-Cors
python3-soupsieve
BeautifulSoup4
python3-pyrsistent
python3-attrs
python3-jsonschema
decorator
send2trash
python3-PyQtWebEngine

You should be able to verify if it works by:

python3 -c "from aqt import run"

It will give a warning about orjson missing, but no errors hopefully.

Hope this helps.

Dave

--
sbo-maintainer-tools (sbolint, sbopkglint):
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/

SBo templates:
https://slackbuilds.org/templates/

How to format github downloads: