[Slackbuilds-users] Unable to build PyQtWebEngine: PyQt5.QtCore import failed

Dave W dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Oct 22 23:20:50 UTC 2022

On 23/10/22 06:57,
Wen-Wei Kao <ltlnx.tw at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> Hello Dave,
> Thanks for the prompt reply. However after installing python3-Flask-Cors,
> python3-PyQtWebEngine still isn't building. Also
> python3 -c "from aqt import run"
> does not work. I assume it's because anki isn't installed?
> BTW, when I skipped PyQtWebEngine, anki installs but doesn't run, throwing the
> additional error
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/aqt/qt/__init__.py", line 13, in
> <module>
>     import PyQt6
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt6'
> in addition to the PyQt5.sip error. Could it be that this anki build is
> actually expecting both PyQt5 and PyQt6? Thanks for the help.
> Cheers,
> ltlnx

If you have qt6 installed when you build the list it could be a
problem, but the files in /etc/profile.d/ should set the version to
build against.  I'll take a look at it.

For now the best advice is probably try uninstalling qt6 while you
build the dependencies + anki, then reinstall qt6 again afterwards.

Dave