[Slackbuilds-users] LibreOffice vs libreoffice (confusing, too vague)

Konrad J Hambrick kjhambrick at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 10:56:19 UTC 2023

On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 4:54 AM marav <marav8 at free.fr> wrote:

> I for one, I think all binary packages should be renamed with *-bin
>
> It gives the most important information that the slackbuild is not a
> compiled version, directly in the name
> No matter if there is a compiled version or not

All --

Thinking out loud here ...

I agree with marav but would there not need to be special, one-time
instructions to `removepkg old-package-without-dash-bin` before doing an
`upgradepkg --install-nre new-package-with-bin` ?

Othewise, wouldn't upgradepkg be confused ?

And would /var/log/packages/ be 'corrupted' ?

-- kjh