[Slackbuilds-users] Problem/fix for SlackBuild for MP3Diags

David Halliwell dhalliwe at rogers.com
Thu Apr 13 14:50:40 UTC 2023

    Subscribing to the list, so I can see any other responses...

    Thanks for this advice. When trying the original compile, I was
pretty sure that is was something like this - and I had tried going out
of X to a level 3 prompt and logging in as root, to get a full root
environment.

    I took a look this morning (which is after a reboot). I see the
.qt4.sh and qt4.csh files in /etc/profile.d, but it seems that they are
not having any effect on modifying my $PATH in either my real system or
my VM. /usr/lib64/qt5/bin is there, and 'which qmake' gives me the qt5
version (either as a regular user or as root). Must be something about
how I have set up my machine - which is not a SlackBuild problem, AFAIK.
I use bash, and the default /etc/profile does run .sh files in profile.d
- but only if they are set executable (and qt4.sh is not). The qt4.sh
script itself says to NOT make it executable.

    Again, thanks for the work everyone does in making the SlackBuilds
resource available, and glad I could help in a small way..

Dave