[Slackbuilds-users] Including runit script with slackbuild?

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 13:20:18 UTC 2023

On Tue, Apr 25, 2023, 4:56 AM Charadon via SlackBuilds-users <
slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I want to include runit scripts with my earlyoom slackbuild. What's the
> policy with it? Do I have to include an environment variable like
> RUNIT=YES so the user can choose if they want it, or can I just include it?
>
> - Charadon

If it's part of the program, I'd probably include it in the default
location. Pat does the same thing with systemd scripts.¹ He won't modify a
package to remove functionality that others might choose to later use
simply to save a few KB.

If it isn't included with the program by default, that is more up to you.
It may not be a bad idea to include it in the doc directory with a note in
the README that it's available if someone wants to incorporate it, or using
Chris's idea of keeping scripts in a separate repo.

Jeremy

¹
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/systemd-creeping-into-slackware-4175614385/#post5762104