[Slackbuilds-users] Markdown overwrites Slackware's /usr/bin/markdown_py

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:58:39 UTC 2023

Hello Markus,

I noticed today that Markdown overwrites /usr/bin/markdown_py provided by Slackware.

Slackware's python-markdown package provides markdown_py for Python 3.9, whereas SBo's Markdown package provides markdown_py for Python 2.7.

Is there any way to cleanly separate the two different markdown_py scripts in /usr/bin? For me I just reinstalled Slackware's package. I build SBo packages in a chroot so I could probably just remove Markdown from my system (I'm guessing it's a build-time dependency only for SBo packages to build docs?).

Erich