[Slackbuilds-users] RFC updates for gdal slackbuild

Greg Tourte artourter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 00:03:24 UTC 2023

Hi Jheengut,

no that just means that you need to recompile whichever package you are
getting the error with after upgrading gdal.

What I mean is that a lot of things can be compiled in gdal, such as
netcdf, hdf5, kml, xerces-c... currently the slackbuild relies on the
autodetection in cmake and compiles these feature if present on the system
and not if not. I am proposing to explicitly make most of these actual
requirements so that the output package is as fully featured as possible
the same way most other distros have it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Greg