[Slackbuilds-users] RFC updates for gdal slackbuild

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 18:41:51 UTC 2023

IMHO specifying the needed dependencies for an optimal experience is the
desired option: what we want is a well-tested base for people needing gdal
(or whatever else) for any dependees, if the gdal dependencies of gdal are
actually more than anyone may need it just won't hurt.
what instead will hurt will be situations where someone may say "I've built
gdal with these (reduced set of) dependencies and now my app won't work"
and we have to debug and specify every subset of dependencies for gdal
depending on any application needing it (just a nightmare).
this to say that I'm perfectly fine with your resolution, Greg.

Matteo