[Slackbuilds-users] KDE kuickshow image viewer (testing, needs extra-cmake-modules)

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Mon Dec 11 11:05:58 UTC 2023

On Mon, 11 Dec 2023, David Chmelik wrote:

> Still learning sbo-maintainer-tools.  Will address these before I formally
> upload.  All below failed tests are about stuff in the source code file
> itself.  Should I fix these in script and/or graphics editor, or contact/
> bug-report KDE?

Probably both: they're trivial issues...

Wrong permissions on a .desktop file can be fixed with a chmod in your
script (after the 'make install').

For wrong-sized icons, you can just include correct-sized ones with
your build and have your SlackBuild overwrite the ones in $PKG
with your own. Or, you can have your script use 'convert' (from
ImageMagick) to resize them.

And *also* let upstream know, so maybe it'll get fixed there and you
can simplify your SlackBuild in the future.

Question: Why you're packaging random git commits... usually it's
best to stick with releases, unless (a) there are no releases (but,
there are, for kuickshow), or (b) the later git code has fixes that
are needed to get the app to compile and/or run (or, that fix a major
bug). I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just wondering why you
did what you did. If you put a comment in your script, explaining the
situation, nobody will have to wonder...