[Slackbuilds-users] LibreOffice, Macro Security and libxml

Andrzej Telszewski andrzej at telszewski.com
Sun Dec 17 17:30:02 UTC 2023

Hi,

this is just a heads up and a food to feed web search engines with a
solution.

Recently, after a long time, I've updated my LibreOffice installation
(build from source.)

I found myself in a situation where macros in Calc wouldn't work.
Even worse, pressing Options -> Security -> Macro Security... button did
not make _any_ window to appear.
I was unable to fix the issue in the GUI.
I ended up editing
`.config/libreoffice/4/user/registrymodifications.xcu` by hand and that
finally allowed me to run macros.

But the proper solution came with the latest update (git commit
758b22928) to the LibreOffice.SlackBuild.
This commit switches the build to use the _internal_ version of `libxml`.
And that change fixes that issue with macros, furthermore, pressing the
_Macro Security..._ button shows
the macro security configuration window properly again.

Hope this helps someone, cheers! :-)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski