[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20230204.1

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Feb 4 07:56:12 UTC 2023

Hi,

Le 04/02/2023 à 04:47, isaacyu1 at isaacyu1.com a écrit :
> My intention is to rename the qtile dependencies.
> python-dbus-next -> python3-dbus-next
> python-xkbcommon -> python3-xkbcommon
> pywayland -> python3-pywayland
> pywlroots -> python3-pywlroots
>
> Current SlackBuilds rules indicate that Python2 only packages must be named
> python2-*, and Python3 only packages must be named python3-*.
> My previous package names were inconsistent.
> For example, the name python-dbus-next may mistakenly give the impression of
> supporting both Python 2 and Python 3, when the SlackBuild only builds in Python 3.

Yes, but...

This is not the naming scheme used in Slackware 15.0, as it does not use the
suffix 3, so all python-* packages in it are built against python3. When will it
be time for a change? As an aside, as I have used the Slackware 15.0 naming
scheme in Slint 15, to avoid re-installing packages shipped in it but also
provided by SBo under another name when users run slapt-src (similar to sbopkg)
I use this file:
https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/source/slapt-src/post-process-slackbuilds_data
called by this script:
https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/source/slapt-src/remove-unwanted-slackbuilds_data
Ugly, yes, but it works.

Sorry for the digression, but still my question "when?"

Cheers,
Didier