[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20230204.1

Dave dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Feb 4 10:32:33 UTC 2023

> Hi,
>
> Le 04/02/2023 à 04:47, isaacyu1 at isaacyu1.com a écrit :
> > My intention is to rename the qtile dependencies.
> > python-dbus-next -> python3-dbus-next
> > python-xkbcommon -> python3-xkbcommon
> > pywayland -> python3-pywayland
> > pywlroots -> python3-pywlroots
> >
> > Current SlackBuilds rules indicate that Python2 only packages must be named
> > python2-*, and Python3 only packages must be named python3-*.
> > My previous package names were inconsistent.
> > For example, the name python-dbus-next may mistakenly give the impression of
> > supporting both Python 2 and Python 3, when the SlackBuild only builds in Python 3.
>
> Yes, but...
>
> This is not the naming scheme used in Slackware 15.0, as it does not use the
> suffix 3, so all python-* packages in it are built against python3. When will it
> be time for a change? As an aside, as I have used the Slackware 15.0 naming
> scheme in Slint 15, to avoid re-installing packages shipped in it but also
> provided by SBo under another name when users run slapt-src (similar to sbopkg)
> I use this file:
> https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/source/slapt-src/post-process-slackbuilds_data
> called by this script:
> https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/source/slapt-src/remove-unwanted-slackbuilds_data
> Ugly, yes, but it works.
>
> Sorry for the digression, but still my question "when?"
>
> Cheers,
> Didier

SBo has many more scripts/packages to keep track off than in 15.0,
and having a stricter naming convention does make it easier to keep
track of what is what.  Just to show this:

SBo git:

find python -type d -maxdepth 2 -mindepth 1 | wc -l
962

slackpkg for 15.0:

slackpkg search python | grep "ins" | wc -l
38

Dave

--
sbo-maintainer-tools (sbolint, sbopkglint):
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/

SBo templates:
https://slackbuilds.org/templates/

How to format github downloads: