[Slackbuilds-users] Possible issues with NUT ups software sample config files

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 11:49:25 UTC 2023

It's possible that I am misreading this, but there might be some issues
with the sample configs included with NUT

1. First one is minor - the samples rc.ups script includes the variable
definition:

POWERDOWNFLAG=/etc/killpower

But then it doesn't seem to be used anywhere further down in the script,
so I'm not sure why this is there.

2. The second is potentially more important. The included
README.SLACKWARE suggests the following two changes to rc.6:

[QUOTE]
1) Insert after the rootfs has been remounted read-only:
	if [ -x /usr/libexec/nut/nut_restart_udev ]; then
		. /usr/libexec/nut/nut_restart_udev
	fi
2) Insert after the genpowerd block and before the actual halt:
	if [ -x /usr/libexec/nut/nut_kill_inverter ]; then
		. /usr/libexec/nut/nut_kill_inverter
	fi
[/QUOTE]

However, unless I'm misreading the above, it doesn't look like there is
any check at any point for the existence of the /etc/killpower flag, to
determine if this is a shutdown generated by NUT, or a normal shutdown.
Does this mean that the above would tell the ups to kill power every
time the system shuts down? I could be missing something, though?