[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20230128.1

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Sun Jan 29 21:36:26 UTC 2023

On Sun, 29 Jan 2023, Andrew Clemons wrote:

> This looks like you have not sourced /etc/profile.d/go.sh or
> /etc/profile.d/go.csh after installing google-go-lang. I get your error above
> if I try building containerd with gccgo.

I got a question. If a SlackBuild needs a profile script to be
sourced, why oh why doesn't it just source it, instead of requiring
the user to log out and back in?

If it's already been sourced, sure, you might end up with duplicates
in $PATH or such, but that won't cause any harm. And it'll save a lot
of headaches, and make automated mass-rebuilds a lot easier.