[Slackbuilds-users] [python3-setuptools] A Question about a SlackBuild.

fourtysixandtwo fourtysixandtwo at sliderr.net
Fri Jun 9 09:23:04 UTC 2023

Hi Yth,

I have a slackbuild for setuptools, using the same version (65.1.1) and
patch from current source that I've been thinking of uploading.  I've
tested it with a newer version as well, so I'm not set on using the one
from current.

I've attached the slackbuild if you want to give it a try.  It could use
another set of eyes and testing.  Let me know your thoughts.

Here's a snippet from the README on how to use it.

Installs to /opt/python3.9/site-packages.

Add the following before the python3 build commands in your
Slackbuild to use this version over the stock one in 15.0:

export PYTHONPATH=/opt/python3.9/site-packages/

Cheers

P.S. It's currently 26C in my house and I can't sleep so you're getting
this reply now instead of later