[Slackbuilds-users] [python3-setuptools] A Question about a SlackBuild.

Arnaud arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net
Fri Jun 9 12:20:35 UTC 2023

> Hi Yth,
>
> I have a slackbuild for setuptools, using the same version (65.1.1) and
> patch from current source that I've been thinking of uploading.  I've
> tested it with a newer version as well, so I'm not set on using the one
> from current.
>
> I've attached the slackbuild if you want to give it a try.  It could use
> another set of eyes and testing.  Let me know your thoughts.
>
> Here's a snippet from the README on how to use it.
>
> Installs to /opt/python3.9/site-packages.
>
> Add the following before the python3 build commands in your
> Slackbuild to use this version over the stock one in 15.0:
>
> export PYTHONPATH=/opt/python3.9/site-packages/
>
> Cheers
>
> P.S. It's currently 26C in my house and I can't sleep so you're getting
> this reply now instead of later

I like the idea of installing it in /opt
I would become a requirement of python3-dulwich, and the Slackbuild itself would
set the right PYTHONPATH, while not altering the stock slackware's packages.

That does work, I've just removed my own updated setuptools and replaced the
proper slackware one, checked dulwich build still doesn't work, then installed
your slackbuild, and confirmed it builds fine when adding the proper PYTHONPATH
in the SlackBuild script.

In the absence of your package, the dulwich build ignores the PYTHONPATH,
meaning that on a -current box the SlackBuild will also work fine, without
python3-setuptools-opt

Please, do submit your slackbuild, it works for me :)

	- Yth.

PS : Urk, where do you live to have such heat at night ? I'm almost suffering
with 26°C during the day already...