[Slackbuilds-users] [python3-setuptools] A Question about a SlackBuild.

fourtysixandtwo fourtysixandtwo at sliderr.net
Fri Jun 9 19:05:37 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jun 9, 2023 at 6:20 AM Arnaud via SlackBuilds-users <
slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> I like the idea of installing it in /opt
> I would become a requirement of python3-dulwich, and the Slackbuild itself
> would
> set the right PYTHONPATH, while not altering the stock slackware's
> packages.
>
> That does work, I've just removed my own updated setuptools and replaced
> the
> proper slackware one, checked dulwich build still doesn't work, then
> installed
> your slackbuild, and confirmed it builds fine when adding the proper
> PYTHONPATH
> in the SlackBuild script.
>
> In the absence of your package, the dulwich build ignores the PYTHONPATH,
> meaning that on a -current box the SlackBuild will also work fine, without
> python3-setuptools-opt
>
> Please, do submit your slackbuild, it works for me :)
>
>         - Yth.
>
> PS : Urk, where do you live to have such heat at night ? I'm almost
> suffering
> with 26°C during the day already...

Thanks for testing, I'll get it finished up and submit it next week.

With that added I can get around to adding maturin.  That's the one missing
build system I've come across that we don't have yet.

Cheers

P.S. In southern Alberta and that was just in the house.  A/C has always
been very optional here, but it's quickly becoming necessary.  At least
it's humid.