[Slackbuilds-users] so-called terminal image viewers

dchmelik at gmail.com dchmelik at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 10:02:49 UTC 2023

Recent years there have been a few so-called 'terminal image viewers'
SlackBuilds uploaded but in these descriptions people are lying through
their teeth: when I tried these on pure (non-X) terminals (/dev/tty*)
they don't work at all.  They were made for X terminals (xterms) or
maybe even newer similar stuff many don't use yet like Wayland.  I ask
that the descriptions be updated and if they're in system or graphics
categories they be moved to desktop category.
        What is the world coming to when people SlackBuilding believe
that 'terminal' automatically means 'xterm' for an OS that doesn't even
boot to X, just boots to the console terminal (/dev/tty1) non-X default?!