[Slackbuilds-users] slackrepo fails to build youtube-dl due to URL encoding

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Fri Jun 23 17:50:04 UTC 2023

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023, Erich Ritz via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

> What's the best way forward?  If I remember correctly SBo policy allows for (if not encourages) the use of the "--content-disposition" flag for wget and similarly the "-J" flag for curl.  However, these break the filename in this case.  Should slackrepo do its own URL decoding when using curl?  Should slackrepo use wget for sourceforge and rename the files (stripping off "?viasf=1")?  Should SBo discourage URL encoding in filenames?

I don't use slackrepo, but from looking at its output, it's not
checking for the source file itself: the error comes from tar, when
the SlackBuild tries to extract the source.

Probably the best solution is to have the SlackBuild handle all the
possible filenames the source might be saved as. The '?viasf=1' part
could be handled by putting a * at the end (.tar.xz*)