[Slackbuilds-users] They call it phetch - gopher interface.

KB_SBo sbo at linuxgalaxy.org
Thu Mar 9 02:45:59 UTC 2023

On 3/8/23 15:11, Zen Floater via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> It seems NetBSD is the only place you can easily compile this with
> package source .
>
> Wonder if there is anybody who would like to put this up on slackbuilds.org
> so us older folks can install this rust based software on our slackware
> system?
>
> https://docs.rs/phetch/latest/phetch/index.html
> <https://docs.rs/phetch/latest/phetch/index.html>
>
> phetch - Rust <https://docs.rs/phetch/latest/phetch/index.html>
>

>     phetch - Rust
>
> phetch is a terminal Gopher client designed to help you quickly navigate
> the Gophersphere securely. It includes ...
>
> <https://docs.rs/phetch/latest/phetch/index.html>

I'm an "older guy" perfectly happy with lynx (included with Slackware)
to explore gopherspace.  If that is not enough, SBo has (f)elinks.

For minimalism, there bitreich.org's sacc 38KB compiled pure C. Don't
even need a slackbuild.

I fail to see the purpose or the reason for the existence of Rust.

(and don't yak at me about "security" since that has always been PEBKAC.
Rusters LOVE to toss around "secure" to justify their existence)

-kb