[Slackbuilds-users] R build fails on check for curl >=7.28

phalange at komputermatrix.com phalange at komputermatrix.com
Sat Mar 25 20:36:47 UTC 2023

Thanks Kevin, I'm cc'ing the group too.

R won't build if libcurl is > 7 and Slackware is now at 8. Even the
alpha (upcoming) release won't build.

Some ubu / deb people have installed libcurl-gnutls-dev (version 7.x) to
resolve the error, but the sbo package libcurl-gnutls does not resolve
it in Slackware.

R is really siloed -- there's no public repo and bug reports require a
bugzilla account, so that might take... forever?

Anyway, the upshot is that R won't build right now. Any suggestions?

-Andrew