[Slackbuilds-users] For Java developers: help for test of experimental slackbuild

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Sun May 21 20:23:22 UTC 2023

Hi, last update includes the slackbuild for JogAmp, a collection of Java
libraries for 3D graphics (the main component is JOGL, that provides
bindings to OpenGL/EGL APIs). These libraries should be linked both from
Java applets and applications written in other languages but I'm not a
developer so I'm not able to test the slackbuild in runtime. The
slackbuild works in the compilation/installation, but I think there is
still something to do in the configuration post-install: in particular
I'm not sure if they are integrated with the Java environment and if the
Java Native Interface can be linked from C/C++ libraries.

If someone would try this package and report me any issues I could
fix/improve the slackbuild (although I'm not sure!). Otherwise I'll have
to drop the mantainment of this slackbuild.

Without any obligation, of course :-)

Thanks

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it