[Slackbuilds-users] For Java developers: help for test of experimental slackbuild

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Sun May 21 22:19:21 UTC 2023

On Sun, 21 May 2023, Giancarlo Dessì wrote:

> but I'm not a
> developer so I'm not able to test the slackbuild in runtime. The
> slackbuild works in the compilation/installation, but I think there is
> still something to do in the configuration post-install: in particular
> I'm not sure if they are integrated with the Java environment and if the
> Java Native Interface can be linked from C/C++ libraries.

Out of curiosity... why did you submit it? It's not a dependency for
anything and it doesn't look like it does anything by itself (not an
application, just libraries). Nothing wrong with submitting something
like that, but if you also don't know if it's packaged right...

My suggestion to you: find something (anything) that depends on
jogamp, possibly in some other distro's repo (arch, gentoo, ?) and
do a SlackBuild for whatever it is, and see if it builds correctly
against your jogamp and runs correctly once installed.

Without something to test the libraries with, nobody is going to be
able to predict whether they're installed correctly or not.