[Slackbuilds-users] Intent for python SlackBuilds with SLKCFLAGS and LIBDIRSUFFIX

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Thu Sep 21 03:03:31 UTC 2023

> Since sbolint (from system/sbo-maintainer-tools) is being ran on github
> PR requests and newer versions of sbolint are catching when SLKCFLAGS
> and LIBDIRSUFFIX are not being used, are we expected to not include them
> on the SlackBuilds? If so, should we remove the entire if/then block for
> the ARCH detection since that's typically all it does?
>
> I ask because the templates for python SlackBuilds still include the
> ARCH detection block and I don't want to remove it from my SlackBuilds
> if the admins are expecting them to be there to simplify mass edits in
> the future.
>
> I imagine this also applies to other SlackBuilds, but have only noticed
> it so far with python ones. I expect there is a desire for consistency
> when possible, so I'd love some clarification!

Well, it's a template and the original intention was to provide a
generic template for every packaging methods, but most python-based
projects do not use those variables so it's safe to remove them whenever
you see them in your scripts and you have verified that the build
process works just as before.

It's harmless warning, so we won't be doing a mass edit unless someone
is willing to do it during development cycle for future SBo repository
(assuming 15.1).

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo