[Slackbuilds-users] Can someone send a PR to allow building mate-control-center without systemd?

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Mon Feb 26 06:36:34 UTC 2024

Hi Didier,

> I will also apply it, thanks Johannes but as suggested by lukefromdc in
> the
> GitHub issue thread  it would be nice (also for other distros in the
> same
> no-systemd-yet league) to submit a PR.

My sed-fix is not enough, as there is no meson or this package as far as
i can recoll.
An option --disable-systemd must be put into autotools, which also
should trigger
mate-system-info to get the hostname not with the help of systemd.

This is the output of mate-system-info:
Failed to get property 'Hostname':
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.hostname1 was not provided by any .service files

By the way, mate-system-monitor -> "system" is very similar to
mate-system-monitor and also shows the hostname. Maybe a better option
would be --disable-capplet-system-info.

Unfortunately i have hardly time the next days.

We can move this off-list, as it is not directly SBo-related.

Johannes