[Slackbuilds-users] Using Web Archive links for the sites and downloads that are not available anymore?

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Sun Jan 7 17:19:18 UTC 2024

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024, Bojan Popovic wrote:

> I was just trying to see if the original is still available via Internet
> Archive's "Web Archive" and it is. Should in these cases (when there is an
> archived version at IA) maybe try and post IA links instead?
>
> The last version of the web page that contian XbmBrowser is from 2019:
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20190910064117/http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/software/

I'd say yes, use the IA link.

It's better to have the DOWNLOAD hosted somewhere besides
slackware.uk, if possible, because slackware.uk is also where the SBo
source archive is hosted.

While you're at it, you could use the IA copy of the site as HOMEPAGE,
since the current version of the page doesn't mention xbmbrowser
at all.