[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20240106.1

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Tue Jan 9 13:51:17 UTC 2024

>> I never group PR for unrelated packages.
>> A single commit should only be on one package, not multiple packages.
>>

> I've always grouped unrelated packages into a single PR. I've asked in the
> past if they'd prefer one PR per package (or related packages) or all in
> one PR and they said it doesn't matter.
>
> I just create an updates branch after each public update and will update my
> packages throughout the week on my local machine. Towards the end of the
> week, I'll push my changes to GitHub and submit a PR.
>
> I have no issues changing my workflow if SBo admins would prefer a certain
> method, but when I've asked in the past, they said whatever works best for
> me.

basically it doesn't matter whether it's one big PR or separate PR, but
personally i prefer split PR, unless it's a dependency, then it must be
in one big PR

having split PR is just easier for us (admins) to review the build
process and also to write the trigger command to run the build.

also, make sure to write the commit message as "category/package:
Updated for x.y.z" format or other informative message and never leave
blank message.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo