[Slackbuilds-users] website direction requests

Ezra Free ezra at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jul 1 09:16:13 UTC 2006

hey everyone,

okay so as some of you may know, i'm working on the repository at the
moment. would love for you guys to all take a look at what i have so far
and help me consider anything i may be doing wrong or leaving out so
far. any changes you'd like to see, etc. somewhat a broad question, i
know, but together i am confident we can tackle the issue through
collaboration.

a few questions i'd like some further input on are...

do we want to ask for the slackware version the SlackBuilds are intended
to be used on when they are submitting their SlackBuilds on the uplaod form?

elohim can we get me set up with database access/login soon as possible?

do we want a message board on the site?

regarding the repository...

can anyone provide further input as to how they think it should look?
look at how it is now and inform me of anything that could be done
differently. do we want to count the number of times a slackbuild has
been downloaded? do we want to list the date a slackbuild was uploaded?
(i was thinking i could pull this from the date on the filesystem probably)

should there be links to view each file in an uploaded SlackBuild
seperately, or just a link to download them all together, as a gzip or
something?

i'll be busy all day and night saturday with a party here at my house,
so won't be available too much until Sunday, but the more direction you
guys give me as to how you think it should be done, the faster I will be
able to code it when I sit down to do so again.

nano nano

ezra