[Slackbuilds-users] website direction requests

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jul 1 12:05:34 UTC 2006

On Jul 01, 2006, at  5:16 AM, Ezra Free wrote:

> okay so as some of you may know, i'm working on the repository at the
> moment. would love for you guys to all take a look at what i have so
> far and help me consider anything i may be doing wrong or leaving out
> so far. any changes you'd like to see, etc. somewhat a broad
> question, i know, but together i am confident we can tackle the issue
> through collaboration.

For each SlackBuild, the README needs to be displayed along with the
file list, it contains important information. It's also missing from
the list of files for some reason.

> elohim can we get me set up with database access/login soon as
> possible?

You have the mysql pass so go ahead and create the db. If you lost
it let me know on IRC.

> can anyone provide further input as to how they think it should look?
> look at how it is now and inform me of anything that could be done
> differently. do we want to count the number of times a slackbuild has
> been downloaded? do we want to list the date a slackbuild was
> uploaded? (i was thinking i could pull this from the date on the
> filesystem probably)

I think we decided not to count downloads, but I'm not sure. Upload
dates (along with all the other info) should be pulled from the db
while browsing the repository.

> should there be links to view each file in an uploaded SlackBuild
> seperately, or just a link to download them all together, as a gzip
> or something?

Both would be nice, in my opinion.

Erik