[Slackbuilds-users] Questions

Martin Lefebvre dadexter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 16:53:54 UTC 2006

On 7/28/06, Alan Hicks <alan at lizella.net> wrote:
> Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> > How would the current guidelines/framework apply to a BuildScript
> > including multiple sources (like a deamon and 3 separate plugins, for
> > example)?
> >
> > Right now, the $PRGNAM.info file has what's required for 1 soure file.
>
> That's a good question!  In order to answer it, I guess we need to know
> what the $PRGNAM.info files are used for.  I've been out of the loop for
> awhile now, but last I heard we were looking at using it's contents to
> populate a database IIRC.  Has any progress been made on that end, and
> if not, is it something we really need?

I use the .info file to download the source :P

wget `cat $PRGNAM.info | grep DOWNLOAD | awk -F "=" '{ print $2 }'`

Obviously, that only download one of the sources... Wondering if
putting DOWNLOAD as an array would work...

DOWNLOAD=(src1.tar.gz src2.tar.gz etc)

--
Martin Lefebvre
eMail: dadexter at gmail.com

WWW: http://sigterm.homeunix.com
Registered Linux #349269

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to
be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch
out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do
something incredibly... stupid."