[Slackbuilds-users] Questions

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Fri Jul 28 17:15:22 UTC 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Martin Lefebvre wrote:

> On 7/28/06, Alan Hicks <alan at lizella.net> wrote:
> > Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> > > How would the current guidelines/framework apply to a BuildScript
> > > including multiple sources (like a deamon and 3 separate plugins,
> > > for example)?
> > >
> > > Right now, the $PRGNAM.info file has what's required for 1 soure
> > > file.
> >
> > That's a good question!  In order to answer it, I guess we need to
> > know what the $PRGNAM.info files are used for.  I've been out of
> > the loop for awhile now, but last I heard we were looking at using
> > it's contents to populate a database IIRC.  Has any progress been
> > made on that end, and if not, is it something we really need?
> >

> I use the .info file to download the source :P
>
> wget `cat $PRGNAM.info | grep DOWNLOAD | awk -F "=" '{ print $2 }'`
>
> Obviously, that only download one of the sources... Wondering if
> putting DOWNLOAD as an array would work...
>
> DOWNLOAD=(src1.tar.gz src2.tar.gz etc)

Some logic needs to be used here, as the original intent of the .info
metadata file was in the event that a ports-like system is created.
Importing the metadata into the DB came later, but it's more important
now, in my opinion.

I can't imagine creating an array, as this event should be very rare. I
also take some issue with not separating plugin packages from the main
application package.

If the general consensus is to allow something like this to happen (it
will be VERY seldom, take that into consideration) then I propose another
optional variable in the .info file.

--
I am not an Atomic Playboy.