[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20070822

Martin Lefebvre dadexter at sekurity.com
Sat Aug 25 17:59:35 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 01:02:10PM -0400, Alan Hicks wrote:
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:02:10 -0400
> From: Alan Hicks <alan at lizella.net>
> To: "SlackBuilds.org Users List" <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>
> Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20070822
>
> Robby Workman wrote:
> > system/qemu: Added - this is a repackaging of the binary tarball distributed
> >   by the qemu maintainers.  It's done this way due to the current inability
> >   to build qemu from source on Slackware 12.0's gcc.  However, note that you
> >   can still build qemu from source by installing Eric Hameleers' compatibility
> >   packages of gcc and gcc-g++ - have a look at http://slackware.com/~alien/
> >   for those.  Thanks to Andrew Brouwers for the repackaging script. --rworkman
>
> Can some one else test this package for me?  I have just noticed that it
> is horribly broken, at least on my laptop.
>
> The SlackBuild script works fine, but the resulting package is less than
> perfect.  /usr/bin/qemu looks for files in /usr/local/share/qemu when
> those files are in /usr/share/qemu.  To make matters worse, when I run
> it, my keyboard is entirely re-mapped, such that I cannot type anything
> without hunting for what key is "ENTER"[0].  For some reason, it also
> defaults to "full screen" mode.  This wouldn't be such a problem if the
> keyboard wasn't re-mapped.
>
> Anyhow, check it out and let me know.  It may be a problem on my
> machine, or we may need to pull it out of the repo.
>
> [0] Note that I never did find an "ENTER" key stroke.

well for starters, the script continues to run even if the original tarball
is not present.

I had the same problem for the files in /usr/local/share/qemu.

it didn't start in fullscreen mode with the image I tried (menuetos), and
the keyboard map did not change. so it could have been with the image you
used, assuming it was pre-built.