[Slackbuilds-users] xarchiver bug: move of documentation to /usr/doc stops help menu item from working.

Wade Nelson hollywoodb at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 17 02:55:42 UTC 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:20:56 +0100, "Helo Athena"
<helo.athena at googlemail.com> said:
> I just built xarchiver on slackware current and I noticed that the
> help/help menu item in the application does not work.
>
> It is looking for file:///usr/share/doc/xarchiver/html/index.html but
> the documentation is moved to /usr/doc/xarchiver-0.4.4/html.
>
> Removing the -$VERSION in the slackbuild on the 4 lines that move the
> documentation fixed it.
>
> Now should I summit the updated script or is adding a symlink to the
> doinit.sh a better way to fix it?  The configure script does not appear
> to have a option to change the path in the app.
>

> Helo

The $VERSION should be there.  /usr/share/doc is a symlink to /usr/doc.
Doc dirs should be /usr/doc/NAME-VERSION.  Best option would be to see
if the ./configure script supports --docdir or could possibly so
something like run a sed on the Makefile.

but /usr/doc/xarchiver-0.4.4 is the proper place for documentation.  The
proper fix would be to get the app to respect that.

Wade Nelson
hollywoodb at fastmail.fm