[Slackbuilds-users] Mozilla NSS [was: Update - 20070513]

Patrick J. Volkerding volkerdi at slackware.com
Mon May 14 17:04:32 UTC 2007

Robby Workman wrote:
> As you saw in our old SlackBuild script, we were using GnuTLS due
> to the fact that Pidgin wouldn't compile against the standalone
> mozilla-nss package.  For us, that's not a problem, but for
> Slackware proper, adding gnutls to 11.0's /patches would require
> also adding libgpg-error and libgcrypt, while mozilla-nss only
> required adding itself, so Pat elected to add mozilla-nss instead.
> If the Pidgin sources had documented that they needed a non-standard
> mozilla-nss to build against, or had I been super-l33t like Eric  ;-)
> I would have elected to build our version against it instead of
> GnuTLS.

I think it's also good to note that pidgin for -current will continue to
use GnuTLS.  This is because adding GnuPG2 already added all of the
prerequisites for GnuTLS, and because GnuTLS linked with pidgin without
needing any files added to it.

I guess the point I'm making is that if you run -current, adding
mozilla-nss is not necessary, unless you want to run gaim-1.5.0.

Take care,

Pat