[Slackbuilds-users] Fw: vlc question

B tptagth at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 01:40:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using Slackware 12. And I've been running VLC from
the following,
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-slackware.html,
file name installpkg vlc-0.8.5-i686-3.tgz.
No installation problems.
 # installpkg vlc-0.8.5-i686-3.tgz

By default Slack 12 plays a lot of video and audio out
of the box.  I've been using Noatun to playy mpg,
mpeg, avi, wmv, asf, mp3. Now with the VLC Media
Player I can play DVD, flash, mov, and other various
audio and video formats.

~Brian

http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/vlc/build/