[Slackbuilds-users] Package Thoughts

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Tue Sep 25 21:24:15 UTC 2007

Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> I have installed quite a lot of packages in the last few days, using the
> SBo-scripts, and I encountered some things, which can probably be made better
> IMHO. This are just suggestions.
>
> 1.: wireshark
> wireshark does not find openssl under Slackware, if not configured
> with 'with-ssl=/usr/lib'. At least this is what the configure-script reports
> (No SSL and therefore no NET-SNMP). It does use it after the build it seems,
> though. But maybe for consistency.
> Also adding '--enable-threads' is probably a good addition.

Done - will be in the next batch of changes.

> 2.: libsigcxx
> during the build, the content of /usr/share/doc/libsigc-2.0/ is moved
> to /usr/doc, but the empty directory remains.

This will be fixed in the next batch of changes.

> 3.: acroread
> I recognized the PPKLITE plugin to be 'deactivated', which is not needed IMHO.
> PPKLITE uses openldap, which is included in Slackware. Everything needed to
> make the error message disappear on startup is two symlinks.
> I used this in my own build-scripts until now:
>
> #CODE
> cd $PKG/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib
> ln -s /usr/lib/libldap.so libldap.so
> ln -s /usr/lib/liblber.so liblber.so
> #CODE

Well, we package it in /opt instead of /usr/local, but the idea is the
same.  I'm rather short on time right now - if you could pull the
script that's currently in the repo, modify it as stated, and then
submit the update via our submission page, I'll be sure to have a look
at it.  Otherwise, I'll probably forget - there's a lot on my plate
right now.

Thanks,
Robby