[Slackbuilds-users] Slack 12 libgnomecups pkg has no more than a docs folder

Alan C acummingsus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 03:54:16 UTC 2007

On 9/28/07, Martin Lefebvre <dadexter at sekurity.com> wrote:<snip>

> > On 9/28/07, Martin Lefebvre <dadexter at sekurity.com> wrote:
> > <snip a duplicate mail header>

> > <snip most of another mail header>

> no
> > > more

> > <snip my log method>
> > <snip log files from my build>
> >
> > you don't have cups installed:
> > >

> /usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.1.2/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld:
> > > cannot find -lcups
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > >
> > > did you not do a full install of slackware?
> >
> > I Did do a full install.
> >
> > al at AB60R:/var/log/packages$ lsg cups
> > cups-1.2.11-i486-1
> > al at AB60R:/var/log/packages$
> >
> > /usr/lib/cups
> >
> > a bunch of folders are under that.
> >
> > cups *is* installed.  But it's not running (the exec bit is *not* on
> rc.cups
> > ).
> >
> > I start cups manually only when I need to print.  It (cups) works fine
> with
> > several print servers inkjet printers on my network.  Again, printing,
> > (using cups) *works_fine*.
>

> your paths might be foobared... do you have any files when you ls
> /usr/lib/libcups*?

root at AB60R:/home/al/install/pkgs_sw12/abiword_n_dep_libs# ls
/usr/lib/libcups*
/usr/lib/libcups.so.2*  /usr/lib/libcupsimage.so.2*
root at AB60R:/home/al/install/pkgs_sw12/abiword_n_dep_libs#

I built libgnomecups this morning after reading your message, and it built
> just fine...

Maybe it doesn't like a certain kind of ions that are in the air near my
computer :-)

ftp://slackware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/slackware/slackware-12.0/slackware/a/cups-1.2.11-i486-1.tgz

I just DL that cups pkg and looked inside it.  I also used pkgtool to look
at the cups on my sys.  They look the same.  I don't detect any difference.
It appears that nothing is wrong with my cups.

I just DL and installed Robby's Abiword and dependencies packages.  Abiword
works fine (not yet tried to print via Abiword).  Again, printing works fine
from Kword and Firefox as well as the print a test page from within cups
itself (3 ways that I've printed so far).

I don't need to build *everything*.

If there's any more that I can do, let me know.  Problem solved, I used
someone else's packages.

--
Alan.