[Slackbuilds-users] linuxwacom slackbuild

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Fri Aug 8 14:15:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just used your Slackbuild to create the linuxwacom package.

I see that instead of copying some specific files to /usr/doc, you copy
	 [A-Z][A-Z]*

For whatever reason, on my system (Slack 12.1) bash matches that
pattern to all the files

linuxwacom-0.8.0-3$ echo [A-Z][A-Z]*
acinclude.m4 aclocal.m4 AUTHORS autom4te.cache bootstrap ChangeLog config.guess config.log config.status config.sub configure configure.in depcomp GPL install-sh LGPL libtool ltmain.sh Makefile Makefile.am Makefile.in missing mkxincludes mkxincludes.in NEWS prebuilt README src

I played around with my settings of LANG and LC_ALL for a few seconds
and didn't find anything interesting.

In tcsh, that pattern matches the set of files you wanted it to.  So
maybe you want to change your cp line to

	cp AUTHORS GPL LGPL NEWS README ChangeLog ....

Cheers.

				Jim

P.S. For everyone who makes slack packages...  Maybe this has been
hashed out 100 times and you don't do it for some good reason, but if
not, would you consider using "-j 4" or something like than on your
"make" commands?  Even on a single core, single CPU machine this helps
noticeably, and on a multi-core machine it makes a big difference.