[Slackbuilds-users] Boost 1.36.0 md5sum failure

Bert Babington bert.babington at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:49:20 UTC 2008

I tried upgrading today to the new version of boost that is now in the
SBo repo, but I get a mismatch on the md5sum.  I downloaded the source
tarball from 2 different Sourceforge mirrors, and while the md5sum on
each of them matches each other, they don't match what's in the
boost.info file.  The source does seem to unpack and build fine,
although I haven't actually installed the compiled package, yet.

Could it be that the md5sum in the .info file just didn't get updated,
or perhaps it is the hash for the .tar.gz version of the source rather
than the .tar.bz2 file?

Bert