[Slackbuilds-users] Boost 1.36.0 md5sum failure

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Thu Aug 21 22:02:51 UTC 2008

Bert Babington wrote:
> I tried upgrading today to the new version of boost that is now in the
> SBo repo, but I get a mismatch on the md5sum.  I downloaded the source
> tarball from 2 different Sourceforge mirrors, and while the md5sum on
> each of them matches each other, they don't match what's in the
> boost.info file.  The source does seem to unpack and build fine,
> although I haven't actually installed the compiled package, yet.
>
> Could it be that the md5sum in the .info file just didn't get updated,
> or perhaps it is the hash for the .tar.gz version of the source rather
> than the .tar.bz2 file?

There are two versions of boost-1.36.0 out there, some of sourceforge's
mirrors are still lagging behind after the boost devs silently replaced the
tarball. Both versions are fine, though the newer (more common) one will
include more documentation. The md5sum in the .info is still for the older
one. For the newer one it would be:
328bfec66c312150e4c2a78dcecb504b

again, both tarballs will work fine.

Grs,