[Slackbuilds-users] pmount fails in Slackware 12.2

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 18:55:47 UTC 2008

While pmount's SlackBuild does not fail, the program no longer works correctly:
   Error: device /dev/sda1 is not removable

It appears to be an issue with the newer kernel.  By simply using one of my older kernels in Slackware 12.2 pmount works fine.  I have tested this on a fresh Slackware 12.2 install and my upgraded box.  What is strange is:
   $> cat /sys/block/sda/removable
   1

A thread about this issue has already been started on LQ at:
   http://tinyurl.com/pmount-fails-in-12-2

--phillip