[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20081210

Thomas Morper thomditom at aktiivi.ath.cx
Tue Dec 16 00:19:54 UTC 2008

Am Monday 15 December 2008 21:11:33 schrieb Robby Workman:

> I'd be willing to accept a build based on the snapshots, but since I no
> longer have a need for madwifi, I'm effectively abandoning maintenance
> of those scripts.  If you or someone else wants to take what's in our
> 12.1 repo and make the changes needed for a snapshot *and* take over
> maintenance of them, feel free.

Just as a hint for the future maintainer: There are no changes necessary.
Well, at least no major ones. I used the existing scripts to build packages
from the 20081204 snapshot in the hal-0.10.5.6 branch. The driver worked out
of the box, and the tools just needed two additional sed calls to adjust a
path.

  sed -i 's|/usr/local|/usr|g' tools/ath_info/Makefile
  sed -i 's|/share/man|/man|g' tools/ath_info/Makefile

Unfortunately, the kernel-based ath5k is not without flaws, making madwifi the
better choice even for systems supported by ath5k (e.g. Asus EEE 701:
incredibly slow with ath5k, but works fine with madwifi)