[Slackbuilds-users] ffmpeg

Darrell Anderson humanreadable at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 06:40:59 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

I built ffmpeg. Initially the build script failed because I have /tmp mounted noexec. I'm not changing that. :-)

The error message informed me that configure was looking for TMPDIR. I then ran the build script as follows:

TMPDIR=/temporary/tmp/location ./ffmpeg.Slackbuild.

That worked. I next modified the build script with:

export TMPDIR=/temporary/tmp/location

That worked too.

Unlike all of the files I have built from SBo, the ffmpeg configure file is hard-coded to look for a TMPDIR environment variable, and if none is found defaults TMPDIR to /tmp.

Perhaps a caution on the ffmpeg page might help? I realize most people mount /tmp executable, but a short caution would help those who don't.

Thanks.

Darrell Anderson
http://humanreadable.nfshost.com/