[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20081224

Evgeni Golov sargentd at die-welt.net
Fri Dec 26 10:50:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:38:30 -0600 Robby Workman wrote:

> CC'ing hdapsd upstream, just in case; all responders, please keep the
> CC list intact.   I'll whitelist hdapsd upstream in Mailman.

I'm not upstream in the sense that I've added this udev rule. CCing
Shem who did that :)

> On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:10:06 -0600
> Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:01:13 -0600

> > > root      7536 27364  0 23:56 pts/1    00:00:00 grep hdapsd

> > > No cause i rebooted my system. According with README.SLACKWARE is
> > > just if you want to make use of hdaps without rebooting, but not in
> > > my case :)
> > >
> > > Anyway, i stoped hdapsd, execute "udevadm trigger" and start hdapsd
> > > but still the same message.

> > > /bin/ls: cannot access /dev/input/hdaps/accelerometer-event: No such
> > > file or directory
>

> After conferring on IRC, hba sends this:
>
> # udevadm info --attribute-walk
> --path /sys/devices/platform/hdaps/input/input11
>
> Udevinfo starts with the device specified by the devpath and then
> walks up the chain of parent devices. It prints for every device
> found, all possible attributes in the udev rules key format.
> A rule to match, can be composed by the attributes of the device
> and the attributes from one single parent device.
>
>   looking at device '/devices/platform/hdaps/input/input11':
>     KERNEL=="input11"
>     SUBSYSTEM=="input"
>     DRIVER==""
>     ATTR{name}=="hdaps"
>     ATTR{phys}=="isa1600/input0"
>     ATTR{uniq}==""
>     ATTR{modalias}=="input:b0010v0000p0000e0000-e0,3,kra0,1,mlsfw"
>
>   looking at parent device '/devices/platform/hdaps':
>     KERNELS=="hdaps"
>     SUBSYSTEMS=="platform"
>     DRIVERS==""
>     ATTRS{modalias}=="platform:hdaps"
>     ATTRS{position}=="(0,-3)"
>     ATTRS{variance}=="(0,0)"
>     ATTRS{temp1}=="0"
>     ATTRS{temp2}=="0"
>     ATTRS{keyboard_activity}=="0"
>     ATTRS{mouse_activity}=="0"
>     ATTRS{calibrate}=="(0,-3)"
>     ATTRS{invert}=="1"
>
>   looking at parent device '/devices/platform':
>     KERNELS=="platform"
>     SUBSYSTEMS==""
>     DRIVERS==""
>
> Perhaps some of this information is only available in newer kernels
> (this is on 2.6.27.x in Slackware 12.2), and maybe there's a reason for
> the more fine-grained checking, but it looks like this could work:

Uh, 2.6.27.x should be more then enough.
Which version of tp_smapi do you have installed (the event interface
only works with that)?

> KERNELS=="hdaps", \
>   ATTRS{modalias}==platform:hdaps", \
>   ATTR{name}=="hdaps", \
>   SYMLINK+=""input/hdaps/accelerometer-event"
>
> However, I want to see the udevinfo output from alkos333's system too.

Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier Fact Number 946
When Bruce Schneier uses a hash function, there are no collisions. It's