[Slackbuilds-users] wifi-radar.conf need better perms

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 02:04:55 EDT 2008

I just installed wifi-radar via the slackBuild and I noticed that it installed /etc/wifi-radar/wifi-radar.conf with read permissions to everyone.  This is not good considering this is the file your wireless keys are stored on.  I think the read perms for group and others should be taken away just like they are on /etc/rc.d/rc.wireless.conf.

Seeing as how some people may have already used this slackBuild without fixing the perms, the easiest way to fix this would probably be to add a 'chmod go-r /etc/wifi-radar/wifi-radar.conf*' at the end of doinst.sh.  That way, even if the user did not change their config we can be sure the perms are right.

--phil