[Slackbuilds-users] Is there something like slackpkg for slackbuilds?

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Mar 12 08:48:48 EDT 2008

Andrea Maccis wrote:
> Is there something like slackpkg, for (automatic) search and download of
> slackbuilds archives, build and install|upgrade packages (via
> slackduilds.org repository)?
> On google I don't found yet anything.
> If you have already written of this, I apologize for the question, but I
> haven't yet read all mailing list archives :-)
>
> Regards,
> Andrea Maccis

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, I but I've
created a small script that will sync with the SBo repository and then
automatically build packages from the repo.  It will download the
source, check the md5sum, and compile the package.  It is located here:

http://chessgriffin.com/files/scripts/buildsbo/

I am in the process of rewriting it and renaming it "sbopkg" and it will
be an ncurses (dialog) based tool like pkgtool that will sync with the
repo, let you browse your local copy of repo, allow you to read the
README of the packages in the repo etc., and then similarly download the
source, check the md5sum, and build a package.  When I have it ready for
testing, I'll post to the list.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3